7/30/08

In Earnest Its Just a Coca-Cola

I offered you something to drink.

In return you handed me an effigy
of my self, already aflame.

Honestly though, I suppose I should
have expected that after I rode
your heart out on a rail, laughing at
the feathers that waved good bye
as the wind plucked them from the tar.

It was a strange war, the one we fought.
Our hearts stood strong in their camps, marching everyday.
In the morning light our heads devised new weapons systems
and spent all night with Liver and Genitals,
losing themselves and sleeping around.

Even now the tensions are still high, I see.
For my small attempt at diplomacy
has escalated into a fire fight between our eyes.
Upon hearing this news my stomach cringes with resentful anticipation
and my lungs let out more disappointment.

1 comment:

Mike Raevsky said...

I never realized how much a Coke could say.